We have two weeks left for you to sign up to make a commitment to fight HUNGER in our area through our year long mission trip into our community called KOG2ILM. There are many opportunities available for you to say yes to making an impact to alleviate hunger insecurity for adults, families, kids and the elderly in our community.
This Sunday Is Food Sunday
Help us meet the goal to collect 10,000 lbs of food to be distributed to Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard and Nourish NC, a backpack program for kids in school to have food over the weekend. Bring your food items THIS SUNDAY (11-13-16) to the connector building. FOOD LIST HERE
- Serve lunch once a week at the Good Shepherd House SIGN UP HERE
- Deliver a meal once a week through Meals On Wheels SIGN UP HERE
- Commit to sharing a meal around the table with our guests EVERY week during the Tuesday Night Feeding Ministry. Around the table you will have the opportunity to build relationships and show the unconditional love of Christ by learning the names and stories of homeless men and women each week. SIGN UP HERE
Would you consider making a high involvement lasting impression in the area of Hunger? This “all in” commitment will allow you to build relationships through a deeper time investment while helping to feed those who are hungry in our community.
Did You Know…
- 16% of the population of New Hanover County are food insecure (32,350 people)
- 23.7% of Children live in “Food Insecure” homes (almost 1 in 4)
- 12,697 is the number of children eligible for free and reduced price school meals