This week’s Table Topic comes from Luke 9:10-17.
With God, Everyone Eats
The Feeding of the 5000 is the only miracle that occurs in all four gospels, which is interesting. How everyone is able to be fed and there be more food left over than what they started with is a mystery we cannot explain . . . but this story still has something to teach us, nonetheless. It may be the most important thing we learn.
DINNER GROUP QUESTIONS:
- Have you ever had to make food stretch? Maybe you were stuck in a storm without many groceries. Or more people came for dinner than you were planning on. When were you sure you were going to run out of something but it lasted long enough?
- Have you ever looked back and seen where God provided for you in a situation and you didn’t realize it at the time?
- Have you ever been in a situation when you didn’t know how you were going to get through? How did God provide?
- What truth about God do you think Jesus wanted them to know when they got up from the table that day?
- Where in your life might this truth come into play?
By Rev. Jayne Davis