This week’s Table Topic comes from Luke 5:27- 32.
Those Who Are Well Need No Physician
Jesus calls a tax collector, Levi, to be among his disciples. To show his appreciation, Levi throws a banquet feast. The Pharisees get frustrated with Jesus’ willingness to associate with tax collectors and say as much. Jesus’ response is something the church still needs to hear today.
DINNER GROUP QUESTIONS:
- What is the longest you’ve ever waited in a doctor’s office or emergency room?
- Do you have a friend or a family who refuses to go to the doctor? Why is that?
- Are we afraid to view Jesus as a doctor for our soul? What course of treatment do we think he might prescribe?
- Does gathering for church feel like the gathering of the righteous or the gathering of sinners? How can you tell?
- What truth about God do you think Jesus wanted them to know when they got up from the table that day?
- Where in your life might this truth come into play?
By Rev. Jayne Davis