This week’s Table Topic comes from Luke 15:1-10.
Sin is Part of the Deal
Jesus continues teaching to the tax collectors and sinners. He tells two incredible parables of sheep and coins getting lost and being found. Together these parables help us see that no matter how hard we try to avoid it, sin is part of the deal. We will lose our way. We must learn to see when we were (or are) lost, to admit we are sinners, and to repent so we can be found.
DINNER GROUP QUESTIONS:
- Did you ever get lost as a child? Or as an adult? What was it like when someone found you?
- Have you ever lost your child in a store? Had a pet to wander away from home? Have you ever lost an item that was precious to you? What does that feel like?
- How do we get lost in life?
- Have you ever felt spiritually lost? Who or what did God use to find you?
- What truth about God do you think Jesus wanted them to know when they got up from the table that day?
- Where in your life might this truth come into play?
By Rev. Jayne Davis