This week’s Table Topic comes from Luke 14:1, 7-11.
Humility is the Best Precept
While Jesus was eating with Pharisees, he noticed something odd. The Pharisees immediately chose the seats of honor. Jesus takes this moment to teach them all about true humility. This lesson still applies today.
DINNER GROUP QUESTIONS:
- What’s the worst table to be seated at a wedding?
- Have you ever gotten to an event with a seating chart and been disappointed at your placement? Or felt honored or elevated? What’s thoughts go through your mind?
- What strikes you about this story from Luke?
- What truth about God do you think Jesus wanted them to know when they got up from the table that day?
- Where in your life might this truth come into play?
By Rev. Jayne Davis